Netflix is cancelling “House of Cards” after its sixth season due to the recent allegations against Kevin Spacey.

Spacey came out of the closet in a statement apologizing to actor Anthony Rapp, who said in an interview that the actor attempted to sexually assault him in 1986.  Spacey says he does not remember the incident. At the time, Spacey was 26 and Rapp was only 14.

Media Rights Capital, which produces the show and Netflix released a joint statement saying they “are deeply troubled by last night’s news concerning Kevin Spacey” who “as previously scheduled” is not currently working on set.

Several gay celebrities have come out and slammed Spacey including Rosie O’Donnell who tweeted “u don’t remember the incident – 30 years ago? – f*** u kevin – like Harvey we all knew about u – I hope more men come forward.”

And Zachary Quinto, who wrote “I am sorry to hear of Anthony Rapp’s experience and subsequent suffering. And I am sorry that Kevin only saw fit to acknowledge his truth when he thought it would serve him — just as his denial served him for so many years.”

A “House of Cards” spinoff is in the works.  Netflix announced yesterday (Monday) it was cancelling the popular show due to the recent allegations against star Kevin Spacey.  Sources say Netflix is eyeing a spinoff with one possibility centering on fan-favorite chief-of-staff Doug Stamper played by Michael Kelly.

Source: Daily Mail, E!